Monday, March 21, 2011

Playing catch up...

So, I figured I better catch up with our life over the last few months before I get so far behind that I get overwhelmed! Let's start with Christmas. I wrote out a TON of Christmas cards this last year...so many that I went into autopilot and this is what came out...(BAHAHA! I totally cracked up when I stopped to read it!)



Our friends in our apartment complex invited us to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple and check out the lights. So pretty. It was totally worth dealing with the cold!



Our Christmas tree.



We did Christmas all by ourselves this year. It was a lot of fun just the two of us. We slept in. When we finally rolled out of bed I told Randy to meet me downstairs because Santa Clause left his gift under the bed. He said, "Well, Santa left yours in the closet..." We totally busted up and pulled out our hidden gifts and opened them at the top of the stairs. It was a really sweet moment. Randy got a new gun ("You'll shoot your eye out!")



Me...looking awesome in my mumu (It's a Harris thing...they rock)



And our tree surrounded by our spoils...



My sweet sister, Jacquelyn, came for a visit in January. She was a welcome sight. We fell apart when we saw eachother at the airport. Sisters weren't meant to be apart for extended periods of time. We had a blast. Temple Square, shopping, eating, crafting, movies...it was lovely.









I'm so grateful she is my sister. She is the best. We have gotten eachother through some very hard times and I know I would've crumbled without her. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and speaks her mind. I love you sissy!



In February, we made our first trip back "home" to Snowflake for my mom's wedding. I'm still waiting for her pictures so I can post them. It was SO GOOD to go home. We met up with our best friends, the Normans, in Flagstaff for lunch. We miss them. Someday we will live next to eachother again. Randy loves Josh. Josh loves Randy.



Little Pace. Josh and Camryn's youngest. What a stud.



I hate that I'm missing out on these two growing up.



Cam and I. This girl is my best friend. We can be apart for months and it feels like no time has passed when we get back together. I think she was meant to be my sister.



I went to see Grandma Fay when we were home. She is 96!!! She is ridiculously sweet. She's a real spitfire too. Want her opinion? She'll totally give it to you. With a smile, of course. Ha! I love her. I never want her to leave us.



A candid shot. She can't see so I snapped a few of her everyday life.



Love her.



I made a solo trip back to Snowflake two weeks after the wedding. We laid my sweet stepmother to rest after she succumbed to her long battle with Leukemia. It was a humbling weekend.

We celebrated Grandpa Jimmy's birthday that weekend as well. These pictures are so fun. It was priceless to watch his bust up reading his cards.







I sent Randy a picture text of this birthday card of Grandpa's. Pretty cute. Reminded me of Randy...I love my gearhead!



While this picture doesn't do it justice, the sunset was absolutely stunning the evening we drove back to Snowflake from Della's funeral. It was a very special ride back. Dad, Jac, and I rode back together and I will treasure the conversations held in that truck forever. Family is what it's all about.



And finally, we celebrated our 4th anniversary March 17th! Thanks to our work schedule we didn't even see eachother's faces on our anniversary. We left eachother "Happy Anniversary" notes in passing. I thought this was awfully sweet. Randy has been the best thing to happen to me. He keeps me grounded. I'm a much more laid back person thanks to him. He's hilarious, so hardworking, and totally hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment